Virgin Money London Marathon
Registration fee: £50 (payable on confirmation of your place)
Sponsorship pledge: £2000
The ballot for the 2016 London Marathon will open on Monday 4th May and close on Friday 8th May.
We strongly recommend that you apply through the ballot as well as registering with us for a place. Ballot place runners get all the same benefits of team membership as our charity place runners but with no minimum sponsorship target. Get in touch now to find out more.
Whether you are a ballot place or charity runner, Beating Bowel Cancer will support you every step of the way with your training and fundraising, including:
- A comprehensive fundraising pack to kick start your fundraising
- A Beating Bowel Cancer running vest
- Training advice and tips from Mark Kleanthous founder of http://www.ironmate.co.uk/
- Regular fundraising newsletters to inform and inspire
- The chance to meet your fellow team members and get loads of advice at 'The Meet the Experts' marathon day
- Cheering points along the course to spur you on
- An invitation to our post marathon reception for you and your family at the Carlton Club. A place to relax and celebrate your success and to also enjoy a post race massage and shower.
Don't just take our word for it, here are some comments from our team:
"Thanks everyone at bowel cancer for making my marathon dream possible! It's been fantastic being part of a great team and lovely to meet a couple of you on the way! X" Jane Bennett - 2015 team member
“Well done to everybody today a great effort and a brilliant day with massive support! A very humbling experience, thanks to everyone that helped get me there" Dru McGrath - 2015 team member
"What a fab day yesterday, thank you all so much for your support. A massive thank you to the bowel cancer team for organising the reception afterwards, I could have stayed in the shower all afternoon and the massage was heavenly, thank you." Christina Harding - 2015 team member
Congratulations to our 2015 London Marathon team!
You are all heroes - thank you for all your hard work and support.
Check out some of our Twitter coverage from 2015 here.
Get a flavour of this year's event by looking at our photos here.
Film made by campaignfilm.com