- RT @Dudds1981Mark: @bowelcancer raising money and awareness through 2016 challenges. http://t.co/5p6hiQ6x6W #beatingbowelcancer #teamdudds
- @Dudds1981Mark Mark, thanks so much for your lovely words about our charity!! We hope Lyndon is doing well, please pass on our best wishes
- Happy birthday to an inspirational man who does so much for us & others. Have a lovely day Ben and family! @ChemoDadRuns
- Can anyone help us out in the Newcastle area? https://t.co/XMG5E2JsO6
- RT @MummysStar: Look forward to meeting up with @bowelcancer CEO @MarkFlannCEO tomorrow in London
Since 1999 Beating Bowel Cancer has been saving lives from bowel cancer, the UK's second biggest cancer killer, by raising awareness of symptoms, promoting early diagnosis and encouraging open access to treatments.
Over the past decade, major developments in cancer policy and treatments have improved the quality of life of bowel cancer patients. Screening for bowel cancer is now available nationally for those aged 60-75, and we have witnessed major innovations in the treatment options available which, over the last decade, have resulted in death rates falling by around 13%.
However, challenges remain. Around 40% of the 41,000 people diagnosed with bowel cancer each year will die of the disease.
In 2010, as the charity entered its second decade we published 'A Decade in Bowel Cancer' to review the progress that has been made in tackling bowel cancer over the past ten years and set out our vision of what can be achieved by 2020.