- @DesArmour @JustGiving great to have you on board for @Decembeard_UK Des, and great to hear you're doing well 4 years on!
- RT @freya_north: Come on blokes! Join @Decembeard_UK raise funds & awareness for @bowelcancer - the UK's second biggest cancer killer https…
- RT @timdarv: The Lives & Times fundraising book for @bowelcancer is available to buy on my https://t.co/5i76pOaLOu site. ALL proceeds go to…
- @bramleyc @JustGiving great to have you on board for @Decembeard_UK Chris!
- @AWarchaeology @Decembeard_UK hope your meeting went well Andrew? Sorry to see the mess the red dye left behind, oops!!
Since 1999 Beating Bowel Cancer has been saving lives from bowel cancer, the UK's second biggest cancer killer, by raising awareness of symptoms, promoting early diagnosis and encouraging open access to treatments.
Over the past decade, major developments in cancer policy and treatments have improved the quality of life of bowel cancer patients. Screening for bowel cancer is now available nationally for those aged 60-75, and we have witnessed major innovations in the treatment options available which, over the last decade, have resulted in death rates falling by around 13%.
However, challenges remain. Around 40% of the 41,000 people diagnosed with bowel cancer each year will die of the disease.
In 2010, as the charity entered its second decade we published 'A Decade in Bowel Cancer' to review the progress that has been made in tackling bowel cancer over the past ten years and set out our vision of what can be achieved by 2020.