- RT @Daf_FJ: 3 days to go until @bowelcancer awareness month #LiftTheLid
- RT @Paula_BeatingBC: 5 Hours in and Matthew still not spoken for @bowelcancer Alison doing brilliantly as his voice @waitrose meanwoood ht…
- RT @SherrillBeatBC: Best of luck to @Lady_Puds & @UpYerBumCharity on their @BoomBangerRally for @bowelcancer http://t.co/ILaraI4IgR
- RT @Paula_BeatingBC: Fantastic support by amazing customers for @bowelcancer & Matthew @waitrose Meanwood thank you http://t.co/5DYX0opuKj
- @AlfieBeardie haha of course!! Thank your humans for all their support :-)
Since 1999 Beating Bowel Cancer has been saving lives from bowel cancer, the UK's second biggest cancer killer, by raising awareness of symptoms, promoting early diagnosis and encouraging open access to treatments.
Over the past decade, major developments in cancer policy and treatments have improved the quality of life of bowel cancer patients. Screening for bowel cancer is now available nationally for those aged 60-75, and we have witnessed major innovations in the treatment options available which, over the last decade, have resulted in death rates falling by around 13%.
However, challenges remain. Around 40% of the 41,000 people diagnosed with bowel cancer each year will die of the disease.
In 2010, as the charity entered its second decade we published 'A Decade in Bowel Cancer' to review the progress that has been made in tackling bowel cancer over the past ten years and set out our vision of what can be achieved by 2020.