TrekFest – The Peaks
Trekking in one of the UK’s most breath-taking national parks
TrekFest – The Peaks – 1st September 2018
25km – £60 registration fee + £55 = Total £115 per person
50km – £70 registration fee + £100 = Total £170 per person
Sponsorship: No minimum
Taking place in the rugged Peak District, TrekFest challenges you to tackle some of the best walking trails the UK has to offer. With a choice of trekking routes, TrekFest has something to offer everyone – whether you are new to trekking and want to complete your first 25km, or if you are a seasoned trekker wanting to tackle the 50km.
Contact the events team for more information or sign-up below.
Costs and Sponsorship
We ask everyone who signs up to cover the costs of the trip themselves. This is payable directly to the tour operator – Global Adventure Challenges
There is no sponsorship target, we will support you to raise as much as you can.
25km – £60 registration fee + £55 = Total Cost £115 per person
50km – £70 registration fee + £100 = Total Cost £170 per person
The trip includes the following:
- Experienced group leaders and support staff to manage the event safely and enjoyably
- Hot food before and after your challenge for all routes and during 29 & 54 mile routes
- Marshalled checkpoints and refreshments (energy drinks & bars, fruit, tea coffee & water)
- Medics on the route in support vehicles
It does not include:
- Personal insurance
- Personal transport fees or parking costs
- Any accommodation you may require
You might need to buy some kit for this trip. You don’t need to buy anything expensive but you do need to be sure that your kit is comfortable and suitable for this event.
A comprehensive kit list will be given to you by the event organisers but below is an idea of the typical kit needed for this type of event.
- Comfortable walking trousers
- Sturdy walking boots with ankle support
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (just in case!)
- Light weight fleece
- Hat (for sun or cold)
- Daysack (rucksack to be used during the day, no more than 25 -35 litres)
- Walking poles (optional)
- Waterbottle or Camel back bladder
The weather in the UK can be changeable and unpredictable. Although these events take place in warmer months, you should come prepared for all occasions.