Thames Path Challenge
A unique endurance event along the historic Thames Path Trail
8th – 9th September 2018
The Thames Path Challenge is a unique endurance event along the historic Thames Path Trail, from Putney Bridge to Henley. With three distances to choose from you can either walk at your own pace or take on the challenge to finish in less than 24 hours. Choose your distance, and set your watch!
Contact the events team for more information.
Costs and Sponsorship
Registration fee paid to Action Challenge:
- £70 for 100km challenge
- £50 for 50km challenge
- £40 for 25km challenge
- £395 for 100km challenge
- £275 for 50km challenge
- £150 for 25km challenge
- Hot food at major rest stops and finish
- Free snacks and drinks at all check points and covered rest stops
- Full support team with pace walkers medics and physios
You might need to buy some kit for this trip. You don’t need to buy anything expensive but you do need to be sure that your kit is comfortable and suitable for this event.
A comprehensive kit list will be given to you by the event organisers but below is an idea of the typical kit needed for this type of event.
- Comfortable and sturdy walking boots with ankle support
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (just in case!)
- Light weight fleece
- Hat (for sun or cold)
- Daysack (rucksack to be used during the day, no more than 25 -35 litres)
- Walking poles (optional)
- Waterbottle or Camel back bladder
The weather in the UK can be changeable and unpredictable. Therefore please come prepared for all weather. Although this event takes place in late September you should come prepared for all conditions.