Simplyhealth Great North Run
Date:Sunday 9 September 2018
Registration fee: £35
Sponsorship Target: £350
Join our team in 2018 and help us make a difference in the lives of bowel cancer patients and their families. Beating Bowel Cancer and Bowel Cancer UK have joined together to stop bowel cancer, meaning we are recruiting our largest ever team in the Simplyhealth Great North Run. Want to be part of something amazing? Join team #STOPbowelcancer today!
This iconic half marathon will see you take to the streets of Newcastle and run with 50,000 others. You’ll start in the heart of Newcastle, crossing the famous Tyne Bridge and towards South Shields for a seaside finish.
“The atmosphere before the event was fantastic, there was such excitement in the air as we walked to the starting point. The enormity of the event really struck me: you’re part of a big crowd of people who want to raise money for charity or are running in memory of someone they’ve lost, it’s quite emotional.” Joanna, 2017 participant
Ballot place runners
The Simplyhealth Great North Run ballot has now closed, if you have applied results will be released in February. If you are lucky and gain your own place in the ballot, you can join our team with no set fundraising target, we simply support you to raise as much as you can and you will receive the same fantastic team benefits. If you have been unsuccessful, why not join our team for a guaranteed charity place.
How we support you
As a Beating Bowel Cancer runner you will receive the following benefits:
- A Beating Bowel Cancer running vest to help you stand out from the crowd
- Access to our exclusive online training zone
- We will be there to cheer you on at the event
- A post-race reception at the charity village where you can be re-united with your friends and family
- A post-race massage and refreshments for you and your family
- A fundraising pack
- Regular E-newsletter updates
- A dedicated member of the fundraising team to offer support and advice
If you have any questions about how to join our 2018 team for Beating Bowel Cancer please get in touch.