Cycle London To Paris
One of Europe’s greatest cycling routes
When: 6th-10th June, 5th-9th September
Registration fee: £149
Trip Costs: £750
Sponsorship target: No fundraising target
To sign up today, please go to
Cycling from London to Paris is one of the great cycle experiences in Europe. Passing through picturesque Kent countryside, we cross the Channel and continue through the small villages and medieval market towns of Northern France, passing the famous battlefields of the Somme and Agincourt. With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement.
Our last day in Paris allows us to explore the streets of Paris and soak up the romantic atmosphere of this majestic city!
- Day 1: London through Kent and North downs and on to the ferry for Calais, a short cycle takes us to our hotel for the first night – approx 125km
- Day 2: Quiet winding roads and old market towns to Arras for our second night – approx 125km
- Day 3: Follow undulating tree-lined roads to Compiegne, on the banks of the River Oise where we spend our third night – approx 125 km
- Day 4: Rural countryside and villages to outskirts of Paris; finish under Eiffel Tower and onto our hotel and a celebratory meal – approx 96km
- Day 5: Free in Paris; return by Eurostar to London
Costs and sponsorship
We ask everyone who signs up to cover the costs of the trip themselves. This is payable directly to the tour operator – Discover Adventure
There is no minimum sponsorship target, we will support you to raise as much as you can
Self Payment Option
Registration fee: £149
Trip cost : £750
This is an open challenge and there will be people raising money for other charities taking part.
We will be staying in comfortable 2-3* accommodation close to our route and all with en suite facilities.
All but three of your meals will be included in the trip. Food will generally be at local hotels and inns and there will be generous buffet lunches whilst you are on the road.
Full trip support of experienced Discover Adventure leaders, qualified first aiders, drivers and mechanics.
Transport by ferry and Eurostar is included whilst on the trip
The following are not included in the cost of the trip.
- Transport to and from your home to the start point in the UK
- Ferry crossing meal and meals on day 5
- Personal travel insurance
- Travel costs around Paris on the final day
- Entry costs to any tourists sites you may wish to visit on the final day
You might need to buy some kit for this trip. You don’t need to buy anything expensive but you do need to be sure that your kit is comfortable and suitable for this event.
A comprehensive kit list is included with your detailed trip notes. Below are some of the essential items:
- Road bike / hybrid bike / mountain bike with touring tyres
- Water bottle
- Cycling gloves
- Puncture repair kit
- Small tool kit
- Cycle lights
- Small rucksack (or small pannier)
- Lycra cycling shorts
- Long cycling trousers