Cycle London to Paris in 24hrs with Viva Velo
Cost: £499 per person*
Sponsorship target: £150
Date: 2018 TBD
A classic among classics, this trip between two of Europe’s most iconic capitals is on most cyclists’ bucket lists but to make it just that bit more challenging, Viva Velo have set this classic in the context of a single day’s ride.
Leaving London on Friday you’ll ride to Brighton. Over the downs and the famous beacon at Ditchling with its breath-taking views and then on to Newhaven where a ferry awaits. This first leg of the trip is not to be underestimated for while it is only 112 km (70 miles) long it has its fair share of climbing (1,100m or 3,500 ft).
After grabbing a few short hours rest in your cabin you continue your journey from Dieppe. The famous Avenue Verte cycle route provides traffic free cycling for approximately 35 kilometres to Forges-les-Eaux. After this the largely flat route winds through the French countryside with some gentle undulations to Gisor and Marines before entering the outskirts of Paris. Our final destination, the Eiffel Tower is then but a few kilometres away.
After your arrival there will be the opportunity to take some souvenir photos with your group before you are escorted to your hotel where you can relax after your efforts with a drink and a shower before celebrating your achievements with an evening meal.
On Sunday your bikes will be loaded into our van to be taken back to the UK while you enjoy a leisurely breakfast before making your way to the Gare du Nord to get the Eurostar back to London.
- 2 x Road Captains (at least one to be First Aid qualified)
- 1 x Driver/Mechanic to accompany the group
- Support Vehicle to provide mechanical and emergency assistance as required
- Baggage transfer from UK to France
- Bike return from Paris to London
- 4 star hotel (twin/double occupancy) on B&B basis
- Ferry outbound
- Eurostar return
*Prices are based on two sharing a room . Price quoted is for a standard three day trip Friday – Sunday for a group of 20 cyclists.
In addition you will receive the following from the Beating Bowel Cancer Team
- A Beating Bowel Cancer Cycle jersey
- A bespoke on line training zone with advice on training to nutrition to injury avoidance
- A dedicated member of the Team to support you whenever you need it and regular fundraising newsletters to inform and inspire you.
If you have any questions please call us on 020 8973 0003 or send us an email.