The Information Standard
We are accredited by the Information Standard, a certification scheme for health and social care information, supported by NHS England. Our commitment to this process has the full support of Beating Bowel Cancer’s Board of Trustees and Chief Executive.
Beating Bowel Cancer is committed to providing information, advice and support to all people affected by bowel cancer. This includes:
- people with bowel cancer, of all ages, gender, sexuality, and ethnic, social and economic backgrounds
- people with bowel cancer who are at different stages of the condition (awaiting diagnosis, newly diagnosed, undergoing treatment, with advanced disease, receiving palliative care, post treatment but living with the consequences of bowel cancer)
- families, carers, friends and associates of people with bowel cancer.
We also provide authoritative advice to the general public on prevention, symptoms and screening for bowel cancer.
This certification process ensures that the health information we publish, both in printed matter and on our website:
- is accurate and balanced
- is clear and accessible
- reflects the best and latest evidence and is properly referenced and peer reviewed
- reflects best clinical practice and Beating Bowel Cancer’s agreed care messages
- is honest about any conflicts of interest and any uncertainties
- is up-to-date and reviewed at least once every two years
- is consistent, well-written and designed, and presented in the most appropriate format
- is designed to meet the needs of people with bowel cancer.
We ensure that all staff involved in producing and updating information follow clear information production processes. This is supported by a programme of communication, training and self-audit.
The following user-generated information is excluded from the scope of certification: web blogs, forums and personal stories.
Beating Bowel Cancer shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the scheme operator nor the scheme owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information, or omissions in the information published on the website on behalf of Beating Bowel Cancer.
If you have any questions or comments about our patient information or would like signposting to the evidence used to produce it, please email us.
How you can get involved
Send us feedback
Are there any aspects of bowel cancer that we don’t currently cover? Did you find any information in one of our booklets difficult to understand? Have any of the tips in our resources helped to improve your day-to-day life?
We’re always looking for feedback on our resources – so if you have any comments about our publications or any information on our website, please write to our Head of Information & Networks, or email us.