Share |
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Cycle  (Read 18605 times)
suze
Volunteer Moderator

Take Heart.

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

Welcome back Mary.

I like yr question Alison. I have been dealing with that wait this weekend. Keeping busy with family really helping me atm. Trouble is the time in the car tends to loom. The wonders of a 3G iphone really soothe that too. But in the daylight a trashy magazine does the same job for me.

Sept 2006 Dx. Chemo-rad. to down-size. Jan '07, surgery and ileostomy. March '07-Oct07, 12 cycles of chemo. Jun 08, Ileo reversed.  Oct 09, fresh mets: bowel and lungs. 2nd bowel op. Dec 09-May10, more chemo. 18 months off! Dec 2011, lung mets grew - Jan 2012, lung surgery.
Dec '13 hernia repair
alisonhelen
Volunteer Moderator

It's good to be alive!

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »

Suze, have you downloaded the app 'Draw Free' on your iphone? It's a good one for distraction, sort of pictionary with friends, you add facebook friends to play!

Alison

Come with me on a journey, no map, destination unknown and I'll travel your path with you. We'll hold each other up when the road gets steep, we'll laugh and cry along the way, because I feel your pain and you feel mine.
Feel free to read my blog:-'Why not me?' http://alisonhelen.blogspot.co.uk/
Vivienne

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »

I spoke too soon with my last post. I see I posted that at 11.22 & by the afternoon I was in pain again, not the same as Monday but in my back, as if I had a stitch or wind but it wouldn't shift. Everytime I breathed in or coughed it really hurt & sometimes there was just this stabbing/grabbing pain.  By the evening I noticed my temp was up a little so when it was still there in the morning I called the ward.
That is so complicated on a w/end, there are no Drs on the ward so they said I should either get myself into A&E, call an ambulance or call the Out of Hours Service. No way do I want to call 999.
Neither of the friends who offered to help anytime I needed transport was available so I called the OoHS. Repeat my symptoms to the nurse who answers & she says she will pass it on & I will probably have to go in to the clinic at the hospital & the first appointment would be at 3.45 in the afternoon!
I get a call from a triage nurse & I have to repeat my symptoms again, she says she will pass it on to the doc & someone may come out to me.  Then I get a call from the Doc & I repeat my symptoms again & she says she will be with me within the hour.
She checks all my stats & they are ok, prods around my back & one spot is very tender. I would like to send you for Xray she says but I can't do that as I don't have the paperwork so I will write to your GP & you must call on Tuesday to make the arrangements. The reason she gives for this is that she can only think of 2 reasons for this pain & one is another clot on my lung which she has more or less ruled out because of my normal stats. The other could be bone mets! The nearest chemist to me is a drive away so as she didn't want me driving she went & collected a prescription for some stronger painkillers.
Now that is what I call service & don't anyone complain to me about the NHS.
Gradually as the day went on I realised I was breathing much easier with no pain. I put down my book & went to sleep around 12.30 & didn't wake this morning till around 9.30! That is a marathon sleep for me,usually 5hrs is my maximum & the bonus is, there is no pain.
I wonder, is it likely to be 'bone mets' when a few strong painkillers can shift the pain so easily & the last tablets I had were at 11.30 last night, haven't had this mornings yet.

Healing Thoughts for All

The Pessimist may be proved right in the end but the Optimist has the better journey.
alisonhelen
Volunteer Moderator

It's good to be alive!

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »

Oh Vivienne!

I just want to give you a big hug, it must be so hard coping on your own. I have no idea what your pain could be, but I do think it's a bit irresponsible of the doctor to say it could be bone mets with no proof. As you probably know, this happened to me, although they did have a bit more to go on, but still it turned out false! I think with this chemo lark and the whole cancer thing, we all get nasty twinges from time to time and whilst we must NOT overlook them, we must also not read too much into them or we would be beside ourselves all the time!

You must follow these pains up either with your GP or oncologist soon as I'm sure you know. Keep those pain killers to hand, they obviously suit you!

Lots of hugs for this wet and dreary bank holiday!

Alison

Come with me on a journey, no map, destination unknown and I'll travel your path with you. We'll hold each other up when the road gets steep, we'll laugh and cry along the way, because I feel your pain and you feel mine.
Feel free to read my blog:-'Why not me?' http://alisonhelen.blogspot.co.uk/
Vivienne

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »

Thanks for the Hugs Alison, I'm used to getting cyber hugs & they are almost as good, but not quite, as real hugs.
Sorry you've got a wet & dreary day, the sun is shining here & it is a beautiful day.

Hugs coming right back to you. xxx
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:08:54 PM by Vivienne » Logged

The Pessimist may be proved right in the end but the Optimist has the better journey.
Mary HB
Volunteer Moderator

Live Long and Prosper

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »

Vivienne,

This time, sending you our Healing thoughts  as well as cyber hugs   Kiss Kiss Kiss

Mary
Hazel
Volunteer Moderator

Everything is better in Purple!!

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »

Hugs from me too, i have sufferered from occasional painful episodes, my lungs hurt for a couple of days so badly i was about to go in and then such a thumping head a couple of weeks ago. I think the chemo plays games with us sometimes, you are right at the end of your cycle when your body is at it's most vunerable. I am glad that you had good help and as Alison says it's hard on your own.
Positive vibes wending their way through the ether, let us know how it goes!

Call the nurses on 08450 719 301
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!
Blogging at http://elkamouri.blogspot.co.uk/
Below is a bit about me and bowel cancer
http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/forum/index.php/topic,1677.0.html
KarenB

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

Hi Vivienne

I really hope you're feeling better this afternoon and that the pain has stayed away. Good luck in getting some answers this week.
Karen
Vivienne

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »

Thanks Mary & Hazel,  it's hard to believe I was in so much pain Friday & yesterday that I was crying & today there is nothing!
Thank you too Karen, it was just flagged up that you posted while I was typing, that's a neat function on this site!

Still painfree today, long may it last.

Hazel
Volunteer Moderator

Everything is better in Purple!!

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

Great to hear Vivienne long may it last!!!!! x x x

Call the nurses on 08450 719 301
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!
Blogging at http://elkamouri.blogspot.co.uk/
Below is a bit about me and bowel cancer
http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/forum/index.php/topic,1677.0.html
suze
Volunteer Moderator

Take Heart.

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »

Oh viv, I can only echo what the others have said.

You could have done without the spectre of bone mets being raised, and I sincerely hope that it is something less worrying, and just something on the far end of the scale of troubling side-effects from the chemo.

Sept 2006 Dx. Chemo-rad. to down-size. Jan '07, surgery and ileostomy. March '07-Oct07, 12 cycles of chemo. Jun 08, Ileo reversed.  Oct 09, fresh mets: bowel and lungs. 2nd bowel op. Dec 09-May10, more chemo. 18 months off! Dec 2011, lung mets grew - Jan 2012, lung surgery.
Dec '13 hernia repair
Vivienne

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »

Hi Folks, thanks for all the thoughts.
I got an appointment with my lovely GP on Tuesday & she agreed with me that we might as well wait for the scan, no reason to submit my body to more Xrays than neccessary.
I've not had anymore pain since Saturday & I am back to my normal regular paracetamol in the day & Zapain at night.
My GP also raised an eyebrow that the out of hours doc had suggested bone mets but we decided that maybe she had summed me up & decided it would be ok to put that to me! lol GP thinks I would be in much more pain & constant if it was bone mets.
What she did find was that air doesn't seem to be reaching the lower part of my lung so maybe that had someting to do with it. Now that I have no pain I'm trying to take deep breaths several times during the day to hopefully get that filled again.

If I still feel well on Saturday..... now don't laugh, I'm joining some Healing friends camping in Cornwall for the w/end. I'm so looking forward to the hugs & Healing that I will be surrounded with.

Healing Thoughts for All
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:31:20 AM by Vivienne » Logged

Mary HB
Volunteer Moderator

Live Long and Prosper

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »

Hi Vivienne

Glad to hear you were able to talk things 0ver with your GP - she sounds very sensible .
Hope you make the camping in Cornwall this week-end and the weather is kind to you. We're having a few days away ourselves next week  by courtesy of EasyJet cheap flights, we decided it was worth it as a distraction before my scan the following week.
All the best
love
Mary
KarenB

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »

Hi Vivienne, glad your feeling better. I take my hat off to you for having the energy to go camping after your chemo. Good on you. I hope the weather is kind and the sea is sparkling.
Karen
Vivienne

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »

Hi Mary & Karen,

Have a lovely few days away Mary, we all deserve a break now & again.

So far so good, not feeling too bad but my cough seems to have got a bit more persistant. I'm telling myself it is because the tumours have died & the dead cells being dry are causing the irritation! lol
I'm not sure about the energy Karen, I'm pushing myself to do it because the friends I'm spending the w/end with will give me lots of Healing & energy.  The forecast for Boscastle is sunny all day tomorrow & sunny most of Sunday so the weather is on our side.

Whatever everyone is doing for the w/end, have a good one & Healing Thoughts for you all.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: