Share |
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Cycle  (Read 18609 times)
Vivienne

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 07:42:10 AM »

Glad you had a good time in St Ives Rose, as you say it is a very special place.

I'm in for my 6th & last session this time around at 11am today, then will have a scan in about 3 weeks & my next appointment with the onco has been set for June 6th.
I will be glad to get this lot over & done with, I've not had any nasty side effects but I've been getting so weary & with that a degree of depression which is not like me.
I went shopping yesterday to stock up the freezer so I have plenty of ready meals for when I don't feel like cooking next week. I was only out for 2 hrs but I was absolutely exhausted & found myself crying for my husband whose 86th birthday it would have been. Monday would have been our 18th wedding anniversary too but we have spent 16 of them on opposite sides of the veil.
I feel a little brighter this morning,I'm glad to say.
Have agood day everyone & Healing Thoughts for you all. xx

The Pessimist may be proved right in the end but the Optimist has the better journey.
suze
Volunteer Moderator

Take Heart.

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »

Vivienne,  I am sorry to hear you have been feeling blue, as you say it is not your ususal style.  It is hard to keep your mind under control all the time, and the weariness is dreary cos it stops you doing things which might be more distracting ..

It is alwyas hard around anniversary times too, time does not seem to heal that potential.

Good thinking on filling the freezer, and I send you my kindest thoguhts.

Love, suze

Sept 2006 Dx. Chemo-rad. to down-size. Jan '07, surgery and ileostomy. March '07-Oct07, 12 cycles of chemo. Jun 08, Ileo reversed.  Oct 09, fresh mets: bowel and lungs. 2nd bowel op. Dec 09-May10, more chemo. 18 months off! Dec 2011, lung mets grew - Jan 2012, lung surgery.
Dec '13 hernia repair
alisonhelen
Volunteer Moderator

It's good to be alive!

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:33 AM »

Oh Vivienne!

Poor you! As suze says feeling down doesn't sound like you, I expect being on your own most of the time doesn't help that, I know from bitter experience! May be the time for taking up a new (cheap) hobby? Or resurrecting an old one? Does take your mind off things and can be quite pleasurable! Make some cards (xmas, birthday etc) to either use yourself or sell for charity (BBC is a good one!!!) at your healing group or elsewhere! You can do that sitting down with the radio or music on, also a good distraction! Perhaps BBC should invest in packs of DIY card kits for people to get and then sell on to raise money for the cause and keeping patients occupied? Thoughts anyone???

Anniversaries are hard, but I'm sure you were also thinking happy thoughts of memories etc and some of the tears were happy ones? I do hope so!

Lots of hugs to you today Vivienne to cheer you up! ({})({})({})({})
Alison xxx

Come with me on a journey, no map, destination unknown and I'll travel your path with you. We'll hold each other up when the road gets steep, we'll laugh and cry along the way, because I feel your pain and you feel mine.
Feel free to read my blog:-'Why not me?' http://alisonhelen.blogspot.co.uk/
Vivienne

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »

Thanks Suze & Alison,  I was absolutely exhausted when I got home & have spent the rest of the day on the couch watching TV & dozing.
Strangely tonight I feel much better than I usually do & I'm wondering if it's because I may have disobayed a rule.
I think I may have taken my usual 2 loperamide before my dinner which the instructions say is a no no. I'm not 100% certain but probably 95% that I took my 2paracetamol followed by habit with the 2 loperamide.
Well if this is the result I wish I'd done it before.

Off to bed now, Healing Hugs for All

The Pessimist may be proved right in the end but the Optimist has the better journey.
Hazel
Volunteer Moderator

Everything is better in Purple!!

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:40 AM »

Well glad to hear that you are feeling better Vivienne, anniversarys as Suze says are hard, and missing someone more so. Hope tomorrow brings a better day and a bit more sunshine than we have been having lately!

Call the nurses on 08450 719 301
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!
Blogging at http://elkamouri.blogspot.co.uk/
Below is a bit about me and bowel cancer
http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/forum/index.php/topic,1677.0.html
Vivienne

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »

Thanks Hazel, no sign of sun here this morning, looks very grey out there.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever the weather.

alisonhelen
Volunteer Moderator

It's good to be alive!

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 06:51:48 AM »

Vivienne!

I'm going to have a lovely day whatever the weather! Patients day up in London so I'm up early! Off to see lots of friends, the people who've helped me through the last 20 months, MY ROCKS!!!

Take care,

Alison

Come with me on a journey, no map, destination unknown and I'll travel your path with you. We'll hold each other up when the road gets steep, we'll laugh and cry along the way, because I feel your pain and you feel mine.
Vivienne

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »

Safe journey Alison & if Hazel is there, give each other a hug from me. x

rose57

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »

Alison,  hope you have a brilliant time xx Look forward to hearing all about it !

Vivienne, Im so sorry you are feeling down.  Its strange isnt it, somedays for no reason apparent you feel quite well and bright and others you just want to stay in bed and forget the world.

I was on the same regime as you and definitely noticed that as treatment accumulated, the more tired and fed up I felt.  Have you had  your magnesium levels checked?  If levels are low this can make you feel down and anxious.

I know you have lots of wonderful people as friends and I am sure they, together with your wonderful strong spirit, will soon bring you back to feeling your old self.

Sending you millions of positive vibes !

Rose   Kiss Kiss Kiss

Cancer hates smiles  Smiley
Hazel
Volunteer Moderator

Everything is better in Purple!!

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »

Hi home from the Patient day it was great the day started with a lecture from Lord Darsi and it was soooo! interesting and he managed to pitch it at a level that we coudl all understand, he spoke of changes in approaches to surgery and how the future might look like in terms of ops and what is happenening now in colo rectal surgery.
Then a break it was great to meet lots of faces whose names i knew.
Then more presentations, i chose one on lung metasteses and the surgeon Tom Treasure was very informative and answered a question of mine very nicely and later spoke to me again personally about this subject.
We had lunch but i have to say lovely as it was it didn't beat last years fare!! lots of lovely danish pastries and biscuits to be had though.
In the afternoon i met up with the twitter group which was good fun and trying to work out who was who and whether we were following each other!
Then the raffle and patient awards and on to the pub! Alison and i weren't the last to leave but there was only! Dafydd and Russell there after us!
The day was informative, fun and well worth attending and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend that nest year you try and get there too!

Call the nurses on 08450 719 301
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!
Blogging at http://elkamouri.blogspot.co.uk/
Below is a bit about me and bowel cancer
http://www.beatingbowelcancer.org/forum/index.php/topic,1677.0.html
Vivienne

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »

Sounds like a fantastic day Hazel.

Thanks Rose, it doesn't last long, even with this dreadful weather this morning I'm feeling quite bright.
I am still in bed though so we'll see how the day goes on, I am just about to get up. lol

Vivienne

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »

Scan date is through, Wed May 30th & then I see the Onco on June 6th.  I'll get the secretary to email the results to me before then though. I like to know what is going on before I see her so I can ask the right qustions.

Healing Thoughts for all & I hope you are enjoying The Healing Chair. x
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:00:28 PM by Vivienne » Logged

Mary HB
Volunteer Moderator

Live Long and Prosper

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »

Hi Vivienne,  I have just been reading through this post to catch up after my 2 weeks across the Irish Sea.   I do hope you're feeling a bit brighter today - I also have my scan date now although it is the 6 month check rather than after chemo as you are having. Mine is on 22nd May and then I shall see my Oncologist on 31st.

I have just read here people's thoughts  and reactions to being included in prayers so I feel I can say now without upsetting anybody  that I shall keep you in my prayers.  

Hope where-ever you are today there has been some sunshine,

Love

Mary   Kiss  Kiss
Vivienne

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »

Hope everything goes well for you on the 22nd Mary & thank you for your prayers.
This has been a butter of a week, feeling quite good in the morning but by mid day full of aches again.  At least the pain I had on Monday hasn't come back, I don't want that again. Today I feel bloated & full of wind, not at all comfortable.

alisonhelen
Volunteer Moderator

It's good to be alive!

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »

Hi Mary,

Glad you had a good holiday and are feeling refreshed! Just to say good luck with your scan and results, how do you cope with the pre-scan and results days? It's a 'bummer' of a time for most of us, just wondered if you have any tips?

Hugs, Alison

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: